I will eat tacos whenever, wherever. It’s a little bit of an obsession. In my defense, it’s the perfect portable meal. That’s a really sad argument, but it’s all I got for now. Also, tacos don’t need defending.
So when someone puts $1 tacos on the menu for no other reason than it is the 2nd day of the typical work week, I am there. I am also going to try many flavors.
- Chicken – this is the most flavorful traditional style chicken taco I have ever had. Hands down my new favorite chicken taco.
- Marinated Pork – To my surprise, this one lacked the typical punch of juicy flavor that I am used to. It was a good taco, just not the best I have ever had.
- Steak – Great flavor and good texture. This was my husband’s favorite. He never gets steak tacos, so I think that is saying something.
- Lengua – For those of you who don’t know, this is tongue meat. It’s like the most delicate part of a pot roast. It was delicious but a little lacking in seasoning. It made me think fondly of putting ketchup on my taco. If you like tender, juicy meat without any chance of spice, get this taco. Don’t let the strangeness of the meat’s body location deter you.
- Horchata – La Tremenda 2 puts a little extra cinnamon in theirs and it is so good, so smooth, and so cold. You won’t need to let all the ice melt just to have a cool drink, this one comes to the table pre-chilled and delicious.
The interior is simple and small. Those of you who are A/C obsessed may find the interior too warm for your liking. However, I like to sit in a dress and not freeze. I should not need a coat on 75-degree day! But that is a rant for another time…
The lady at the counter was pleasant and was patient while I asked questions. She offered to keep our tab open, which we declined like noobs. We had to swallow our pride and get up for another round of tacos. Lesson learned.
Located at 481 Bluff City Blvd, Elgin, IL 60120, it’s not the most picturesque building/location, but the food is worth it. Parking is available on the right side of the building as well as the residential streets nearby. Most street parking in Elgin is free but make sure you follow the posted signs just in case.
Opinions are entirely my own. I am in no way affiliated with La Tremenda 2.
I am an Amazon Associate. By purchasing items through any link(s) found in this article, you may be helping me continue to make content.